Here at Hart Gables we pride ourselves on offering LGBTQ+ Youth Services for over 10 years. We have a variety of services to cater to the needs of young people and their families. All staff have received full training and undergo DBS checks.
One to one support for LGBTQ+ youth & families
We provide one to one support for young people and their families:
- We can go into schools & colleges to provide one to one support around sexuality & gender identity
- One to ones can be provided in person or online
- A Journey Through Transition tool to keep track & focus on a young person’s journey
- Expert knowledge of the pathways of transitioning
- Hate Crime & bullying support
- Referrals to the Tavistock Clinic
- Close links with local services
- *Coming soon* turn 2 us project
To access one to one support for a young person, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral form or call us at 01642 675509. You can fill out an online referral form here.
Group Support for LGBTQ+ young people
If you would like to attend any of these groups, please contact Jack Cummings to book a space.
Friday: A group for young people aged 13-19. It is for LGBTQ+ and S individuals and is held every Friday at the Rossmere Youth Centre, TS25 5EB, 5:30pm – 7:30pm. This group is run by Hart Gables & Hartlepool Borough Council.
Please note: The Rossmere Youth Centre has disability access. We currently ask that service users continue to follow COVID-19 guidance at the groups. You can find more information about this here.
Monday: A group for all LGBTQ+ and S youth between the ages of 11-16. This group is every Monday 4pm-6pm at the Newtown Community Resource Centre, Durham Road, Stockton, TS19 0DE, in the Innovation Hub. This group is run by Hart Gables.
Please note: The Newtown Community Resource Centre has disability access. We currently ask that service users continue to follow COVID-19 guidance at the groups. You can find more information about this here.